Our school has a Parents and Citizens (P&C) Association. All of our parents/carers, existing and new, are warmly invited to join the association and become active participants in the education of their children by contributing in any capacity they can. The P&C is run exclusively by volunteers and provides ongoing financial and practical support to our school.
The purposes of our P&C include:
• promoting the interests of the school through co-operation between parents, teachers, students and members of the general community;
• sharing information and views;
• raising funds to provide extra resources, facilities and amenities for the school;
• providing additional opportunities and events for our students and the school community such as sundowners, discoes and movie nights; and
• fostering community interest in educational matters.
Our P&C is made up of elected members and consists of a President, Vice-president, Secretary, Treasurer and three Executive Committee Officers. These positions must be filled each year for the association to remain an important aspect of our school. There are also a number of key coordinator positions including an Events and Fundraising Coordinator, Book Club Coordinator, Book Fair Coordinator and a Second Hand Uniform Shop Coordinator.
Recent achievements of our P&C include organising for a Children’s Crossing to be installed on Third Avenue, contributing $25 000 to the upgrade of our Pre-primary playground, $26 000 to having synthetic turf laid on the floor of our undercover area and $13000 for games to be painted on the pavement in our playgrounds.
P&C meetings are held twice each term in the school library to discuss current projects, review ongoing support services and activities, and to update members on decisions and relevant news and events. Dates of upcoming meetings are published in the school newsletter and on the school calendar. The P&C is always keen to welcome visitors and new members to their meetings.